***a chronicle of the daily happenings and goings on***

Jun 11, 2007

a less invasive ultrasound.

i love today. i went to the wee doctor for an ultrasound (external ultrasound thank you very much) with my super mama as herschel's stand in (thanks mom). we got to hear the heartbeat (~167 bpm) plus saw LOTS of movement. the wee is a wiggler and very good at it if i do say so myself. after seeing this i commenced crying (happily) for about 15 minutes, calmed down, called herschel, talked for about 4 seconds and then handed the phone over to mom as my crying plan was reinstated. despite my emotional breakdown, there are no words to describe my happiness right now.

they weren't able to get great pictures because wee was moving around so much but this is the best one....
i'll describe it. see if you can see it:
picture this...sicily...1932. golden girls reference, sorry. (berry would get it). anyway.
wee is lying on it's stomach, head towards the bottom right. you can also see spine and an arm and on the left there is a tiny foot.
sigh.

the doctor said that everything looked great, the heartbeat was strong and wee had a pretty spine ( i knew it would).

and:
on another happy note, i got some meds for nausea and sleeplessness. hooray for my mental state...which in turn is good for everyone around me. so hooray for you guys.



47.2 mm is ~1.8 inches = wee's current measurement. (still mostly forehead)


3 comments:

Berry McCarthy said...

I do in fact get the reference. Ahh, to be thought about when experiencing amazing momentous occasions! What an honor! I still hold the GG very close to my heart! I have season 3 on DVD if you want to borrow it. The baby might enjoy it!

Schlenker Doodle said...

I had the biggest smile while reading this post. I read it twice.

Wee baby is so exciting!

Dharshan said...

April,
I love your blog. Congratulations!
Dar.